Saturday 11 February 2012

Review : Decleor Aroma Night Essential Night Balm

The older I seem to get, the more my skin changes. I have very very difficult skin; it alternates between greasy and very dry all depending on what weather we are plagued with.

Walking into a warm house from an outside chill will result in your skin reacting and throwing a tantrum. At least mine does.

I suffered with a lot of eczema as a kid, and the result was scaring my fellow friends and students with bright red , swollen lips. Yes as children we have a habit of licking our lips when they are dry, at least I did, which made things ten times worse.

I have tried everything this winter to alleviate my sore , cracked skin. I have tried Weleda skin food, as well as high end products such as Crème de la mer

Until my mother (a crazy face cream addict) in her expertise proudly dropped these beauties  into my hands. (the woman has been trying for years to find me a skin cream that doesn't cause me irritation, I swear she's on a misson.)


Here is what she found:



Decleor Aroma Night Neroli Essential Night Balm 15ml   &  Night Rose d'Orient Night Balm 15ml (£33 each)




Decleor Aroma Night Balm Neroli Rose D Orient




Both the Neroli and the Rose are an aromatic night balm with a rich, quick-penetrating texture  and they are both Formulated with essential oils & plant waxes to re-texturize skin.


You get a little spatula with the balm which makes application a dream (however , I lost mine last night , hence it being missing in the photo above, but my mum seems to have them in spades.)



The Rose D'Orient shown on the right has a thicker consistency than the Neroli, and smells absolutely divine! both products boast the ability to: purify, soften and re-balance the  skin.

I started using the Rose D'Orient first, and was instructed to use this at night, so  before I got started,  I  began by prepping with  the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. (another great product and one I cannot live without)

Using the spatula, scrape a small amount of the balm out of the pot and place on your fingers, you need to melt the balm by rubbing your nubbins together, and then pat the balm over the most affected parts of your skin, then rub in :)

In the daytime I used the Neroli, yes this is technically a night balm, but it is a lot lighter than rose d' orient and brightens the skin.

Both balms are surprisingly NOT greasy, they sink into the skin.

Decleor Aroma Night Balm Neroli Rose D Orient


After just one day,  yes ONE day!  all my dry cracking skin had healed up and my face was smooth and a lot brighter.

I found both balms lasted all day and night, I didn't need to re-apply at all. I was apprehensive at first to use the Neroli balm under my make-up due to fears of my foundation ending up blotchy, but I need not have worried! The Neroli worked just fine and protected my skin all day against the elements.

I don't recommend using these all the time, or applying more than once or twice a day, because you don't need to! whilst they may be expensive, they should last you  a long time too.

I mainly use the Rose d' Orient at night before I go to bed, and the Neroli before make-up application in the morning. Using the Liz Earle Skin Tonic is a must , it  clears your skin of all dirt, so you  have a nice clean slate to work with. (Review coming soon on that one)

The only gripe  I have with these products are the lids, *grumble* they don't want to close properly and leave a little gap, however this isn't a major issue, it doesn't cause any of the balm to dry out, the lids are just wonky , but they still create a strong vacuum. :)


Overall:  amazing products 10/10; I would recommend these to anyone suffering with combination skin.

Visit Decleor's Aroma Night Range Here

1 comment: