Monday 13 February 2012

Fashionista - Mystical Dragon

This is my first NOTD post, and it's great to finally  be able to paint my nails. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been a chronic nail biter, even biting them down to , yes: the cuticle *ouch*

I decided to stop as I saw the gel and acrylic nail craze take off and spotted  ladies tapping their acrylic nails on every counter top available to them.

I tried gel nails once or twice and after a few weeks of breakages due to my heavy handedness,  (My hands seem to fly out and hit walls from time to time) I decided I wanted to see what my nubbins looked like and how they would grow.

Plus being a mother of a 12 and 10 year old breakages are more frequent , but as Loodie Loodie will demonstrate there are ways around keeping these to a minimum.

Thankfully my years of chewing didn't damage the matrix and my nails grew to be  very very thick and strong. Although I do not like my manly hands (thanks dad) and huge nail beds :(



Anyway, onto my first nail post :)

While on a nail polish haul in town last week, I spotted this beauty shining away in Superdrug  and had to buy it.

The  only trouble I had with this polish was opening it. Every  bottle on the shelf had some bad manufacturing defect going on with the lids. The square lid popped off when trying to unscrew it , and the actual brush lid underneath was on so tight it took teeth to unscrew it *ouch*


Once you get it open , Mystical Dragon is very easy to apply and the formula is fantastic and reminded me of Zoya Charla, but it's a lot darker and the glass flecks are amazing. Photographs rarely capture the beauty of glass fleck polish. *sigh*

This is one coat, and very streaky due to being impatient waiting for my base coat to dry.  (Excuse my badly shaped nails, I am trying to get them a certain length before I hack away at them)




Fashionista Mystical Dragon Laquer Polish Nail Of The Day





Two Coats without top coat:  Mystical dragon really IS  mystical! and changes colour , alternating between a dark green and shimmering blue, all depending on the light. Images below both without flash.




Fashionista Mystical Dragon Laquer Polish Nail Of The Day
Fashionista Mystical Dragon Laquer Polish Nail Of The Day


























This really is a beautiful nail polish and is as far as I know; a newly released one. Mystical Dragon retails at £4.99 & not as great as Zoya's range but it's great for those on a budget or those who want to try a different brand

No comments:

Post a Comment